Former Group Members
- Don Futaba, Ph.D. Dec. 2000, Research Scientist, Research Center for Advanced Carbon Materials, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Tsukuba, Japan.
- David Muzzall, Ph.D. March, 2001, Financial Analyst, DRW Trading in Chicago, Illinois.
- Christie Devlin, Ph.D. June, 2001, Staff Scientist, General Dynamics Information Technology, AFRL/MLPJ Laser Lithography Lab, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
- Gayle Thayer, Ph.D. September, 2001. Winner of the prestigious Wayne B. Nottingham Prize at the Physical Electronics Conference, Taos, NM, June 11-13, 2001, for best surface science thesis presented at the conference. Staff Scientist, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Albert Loui, Ph.D. March, 2005, Staff Scientist, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California.
- Shon Prisbrey, Ph.D. June, 2005, Staff Scientist, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California.
- Yu Sato, Ph.D. September, 2005, Application Scientist, Gatan Inc., Pleasanton, California.
- Donell Brandon Hoffman, Ph.D. March, 2007. Winner of Second Prize for the Margaret Burbridge Student Award for Best Experimental Research at the American Physical Society (APS) California Section Meeting, California State University, Sacramento, CA, Oct. 21-22, 2005. Assistant Professor of Physics, Houghton College, Houghton, New York.
- Jason Giacomo, Ph.D. December, 2009). Winner of First Prize for the Margaret Burbridge Award for Best Experimental Research by a Graduate Student at the American Physical Society (APS) California Section Meeting, California State University, Long Beach, CA, Oct. 27-28, 2006. Mass Spectrometry Engineer, Vitalea Science, Davis, California.
- Tracey Johnson, High School Teacher, Fairfield, California
- Geoff Anderson, Director of Engineering, Western Digital
Corporation, Fremont, California
- Christopher Pearson, Associate Professor, University of
Michigan, Flint, Michigan
- James Landry, B.S. Physics with highest honors, June, 2000. Ph.D. Physics, UC Davis, 2008. Postdoctoral Fellow, UC Davis.
- Jacob Shine, B.S. Physics with highest honors, June 2002.
- James Morad, B.S. Physics with highest honors, Dec. 2010. Ph.D. Student, UC Davis.
- Gregory Czap, B.S. Physics with highest honors, June 2011. Ph.D. Student, UC Irvine.
- Eric Poppenheimer, B.S. Physics with highest honors, June 2011. Ph.D. Student, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- Dylan Lovinger, REU student in summer 2011 from University of Massachusetts, Amherst