- Department of Physics
- University of California
- Davis, California 95616
- tel: (530) 402-7113
- FAX: (530) 752-4717
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., Physics, University of California, Berkeley, 1983.
- M.A., Physics, University of California, Berkeley, 1978.
- A.B. summa cum laude in Physics, Harvard University, 1976.
- Professor of Physics, Department of Physics, University of
California, Davis, CA, 1994-present.
- Visiting Professor, Laboratoire Surfaces et Interfaces de
Matériaux Avancé (SIMA), Associé à
l'Université Paris Sud XI, Orsay, France and Commisariat
à l’Énergie Atomique (CEA), Saclay, France,
- Chair, Department of Physics, University of California, Davis,
- Research Staff Member, IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose,
CA, 1983 - 1994.
- Research Assistant, Department of Physics, University of
California, Berkeley, 1977-1983.
- Summer Research Associate, Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ,
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Physics, University of
California, Berkeley, 1976-1977.
- Teaching Fellow and Laboratory Instructor, Department of
Physics, Harvard University, 1975-76.
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science,
- Fellow, American Vacuum Society, 2006.
- Distinguished Teaching Award, University of California, Davis,
- Outstanding Mentor Award, Consortium for Women and Research,
University of California, Davis, 2000.
- Fellow, American Physical Society, 1994.
- IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award for "Experimental
Observations with the Scanning Tunneling Microscope," 1990.
- Outstanding Scientific Accomplishment in Solid State Physics
in Department of Energy's 1984 Materials Sciences Research
Competition for research on "Infrared Emission Spectroscopy of
Chemisorbed Molecules on Metal Surfaces."
- Grants from Graduate Research Program for Women, Bell
- Wheeler Fellowship, University of California, Berkeley, 1976.
- Phi Beta Kappa Election to Iota Chapter of Massachusetts,
- Dean's List at Harvard University, 1974-1976.
- National Merit Scholarship, 1973.
Recent Professional Activities
- Member, Editorial Board of Nanomaterials, 2010-2012.
- Member, Editorial Board of Journal of Physics D: Applied
Physics, IOP Publishing, 2009-2011.
- Member, General Organizing Committee, Conference on Physical
- Member, Executive Committee, Division of Condensed Matter
Physics, American Physical Society, 2009-2012.
- Secretary-Treasurer, California Section of the American
Physical Society, 2006-2011.
- Member, International Advisory Committee, 11th International
Conference on Atomically Controlled Surfaces, Interfaces and
Nanostructures (ACSIN-11), St. Petersburg, Russia, Oct. 3-7,
- Member, International Advisory Committee, 10th International
Conference on the Structure of Surfaces (ICSOS), Hong Kong,
August 1-5, 2011.
Contact her at this e-mail address:email@example.com
Return to UC DAVIS STM Group Main Page
© Shirley Chiang - 2001.